ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Fast forward record script?

Fast forward record script?

I recorded a script of a painting I did and its over 3 hours and what sucks is I had to record with camstudio. That took 3 hours. Then I had to import into adobe premiere and convert that with my speed set for a timelapse. Is there a way I can fast forward the script once done recording? Pretty much wondering if theres a way to fast forward,rewind,play.

ArtRage offers an "Accelerated Playback" option, which appears on the playback panel as soon as a script is selected to play. It speeds things up a bit (skips pauses between actions, etc). There is no rewind available.

If you're using Camstudio to record it, you can always set Camstudio to record at a time lapse pace, saving you from doing that step in the third program (though it's possible you'll be bringing it in there anyhow, to covert the video from .avi).
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks That does help with the speed. Man I really wish I could rewind/fast forward though in case the Camstudio recording messes up half way through but oh well.
    Ill just use adobe premiere if I need it to go faster sense I can control the speed really good and preview it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by evan3585 View Post
    Thanks That does help with the speed. Man I really wish I could rewind/fast forward though in case the Camstudio recording messes up half way through but oh well.
    Ill just use adobe premiere if I need it to go faster sense I can control the speed really good and preview it as well.
    I've found it best to manually cut the sessions with Camstudio short, when I expect the video to run long. Normally, I cut it every 5 to 8 minutes (just to be safe). So... I start Camstudio recording, then roll the playback for AR, let 5 to 8 minutes go by, then pause the playback in ArtRage, then stop Camstudios recording process. Once Camstudio has processed that bit of video, I save it as something like "prt1", then Start recording with Camstudio again, and then un-pause the Playback in AR (starting the cycle again, to save in another 5-8 minutes, as "prt2", so on and so forth, until complete).
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.