ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a young man My Mom used to baby sit for

a young man My Mom used to baby sit for

I just worked over an old photo but this was a fun warm up. My Mother did babysit him. She said he was a quiet child but really loved it when he could command your attention.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	james dean the man 150 dpi copy 2.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	214.4 KB 
ID:	59601  

Wow John, amazing! He is an icon for sure. Did she see him after he was grown? Great painting, he was such a cool person.

Thanks,

Nope sad to say. he went hollywood and that was the last she ever heard of him.

As a teenager at his time, I was madly in love with him and what a great portrait you did of my dream man Mr. James Dean, boy your mom was lucky cartuneman lol

great B/W painting of a Hollywood icon... great work

Wow amazing
    Visit my website here

Cart, well done... really beautiful.

How interesting! I wonder what I would have thought of him was I around watching movies he was in when the first hit the theaters. What with the star-maker studio machine, I wonder if I would have identified with him/his characters. On some level I do now. But he's like so many stars that are beyond human, it's hard to even imagine what he would have been like before acting. . . but your mom clearly saw the personality seed sprouting. . .

Johnny Depp has that same kind of charisma, albeit with a more fantasy style to some extent. Comes with the kinds of movies being made I suppose.

Anyway, the painting is fantastic as usual. Bravo!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

First I'd like to say thank you to all that have enjoyed this painting. It was just a warm up but still a fun lil project.

Alexandra : thank you Sandy glad you like it.

pat1940
    : Lol, Ya she was lucky I guess. She kinda led a charmed life till she 8 kids of her own lol

sabena :Thank you Sabena

gxhpainter : I love working in black and white painting I can really get into the contrast and thank you.

Lima
    :thank you Lima.

D Akey As always D I look forward to your comments. hummmm? I wonder if I did a portrait Johnny Depp. If I could capture his spark? hehe and ya My Mother only spoke of him just a few times. she was never one to brag ....well she did carry a big purse full of photos of us kids lol. Thank you again D