ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My places

My places

Hi Guys,

I'm doing a series of paintings to provide people who want to think, pray, meditate, contemplate or whatever, with a place in their mind where they can be on their own for a while.

My daughter will probably market them as cards, fridge magnets etc, but if that doesn't work out, then they're still relaxing and fun to paint, so I'd settle for that. They need a little more tweaking but are past the WIP stage.

Phil
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Phil, I love these. These are fantastic in thought, view, and your painting. I think this would be a fantastic idea to market these.

Serenity now

Mike
    Mbrienza

Phil.. all great images that speak directly to their purpose.. very very well done.

Phil, thank you for showing us these places ... I think I need one of them. They are beautiful and with your digit.

Nice to see you posting

great idea! I especially like the painting of the rock inmidst of green ocean ... well done!

What a groovy idea!

Meditating on it could be a really cool way of waiting for compositions and themes to come forward.

I get that your special space it to be totally above it all . . . vast open views. . . creating a feeling of freedom, and not being limited by physics and bodies and so forth. It seems you are looking to create a relationship between the figure and the environment that implies troubles and cares and responsibilities and all the grounding stuff, if any, are far away by going inward.

That's cool. And certainly not something that photography could do better, unless it was someone good at compositing.

What I see though here are different places with roughly the same message or tone that would appeal to the same audience more or less. If you're trying to cover the waterfront, you may want to make some ideal scenes that are a little more varied to suit different tastes. Earth Energy ones, Water energy, a grotto, a dell for those who like to feel embraced by nature or what have you, rather than above it (for example). . .

Granted they would probably be more complex to paint. But maybe not.

Don't know if you need it for graphic interest, but you could conceivably play with size relationships in the moon one, and also use some of the tricks that imply distance, like atmospheric perspective in the green vista one.

Just thinking aloud, Aged P. I really like the idea and what you're coming up with so far. Keep polishing and honing it until it's a real gem, cause that's what I'm seeing these leading to.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi people, many thanks for all the kind words,

I painted them while listening to an Internet Radio Channel called Nirvana.

Some of the more modern relaxation techniques ask you select a place that is yours and add a few personal features. If you're wound up at the time ,that's not as easy as it sounds, so these are neutral scenes aimed at pleasing most people. You or they, can always add a few possessions associated with good times, from memories, later.

OK, I'm now off to talk to D.Akey a little further down the page!

Phil

Hi D.Akey,

A thoughtful, gentle and accurate critique, as usual.

You are clearly, as am I, a person who need their back covered to be truly comfortable. I'm going to try a few, from that point of view, caves, cabins etc. . My space is a top floor room in Paris, in an otherwise secure, empty house. Wide view across the city from one of those little balconies set in the side of a Mansard roof. One of my mental bolt-ons usually has S&W on the grips! To overuse the word of the moment a little more. i am "passionate" about personal space. Clint still meditates, so if it's good enough for Dirty Harry it's good enough for me!

Tweaking. I'm between a rock and a hard place here. Keep it simple so it sticks in the memory, like an Icon, or introduce some depth and improve the positioning and relative sizes of things? Which. is where Artrage of course triumphs once again. I can do both.

This old one might meet the Water Energy theme.

Anyway, you've given me a lot to think about, so I'll go and make tea and then wrestle the iPad from my wife.

Phil
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sand

Last Reply for now, I promise.

Many thanks to Sandy, who is as enthusiastic and positive off Forum as on.

Thank you young lady!

Phil