ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Two Page Spread: Far From Home

Smile Two Page Spread: Far From Home

Here's a two page spread I did for the most recent update of Far From Home.

It's a combo of Artrage Studio and Photoshop Elements 7.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pro-019-020-Oh-.-.-..jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	352.0 KB 
ID:	59576

Thanks for taking a look!

Gotta go! Off to work . . .

Mike
    I'm an artist. I draw flies . . .

Looks good and very graphic in which a sort of equal emphasis is given to all the elements, sort of like certain comic books. If I were kibitzing, which I am, I would recommend that you can do lots with your color selection with the values and temperatures working to help sort the groupings. I would think you want to create a clear visual hierarchy when there's lots going on as a kindness to the reader.

I mean it's all there, and I can see all the stuff you drew, but therein is the challenge for the artist, which is to sometimes drop something back into subtlety no matter how much work was put into making it. One can include as much as ya please, but it's the final orchestration as it shows up when you turn the page and are met with the first look that matters in the end.

As a specific suggestion to this one, I would design the stars into parts of the image rather than having an overall spatter feel. Nobody cares if you put in all the stars. You just want to imply Space and have them look at the dynamic between the little ship docking with the space station and fill the surrounding space with asteroids, exploded planet or debris or whatever in a way that it makes your point. Be careful of the temptation to fill up everything equally.

You already have your characters knocked. You staged the underwear pull one great and everything you drew correctly gets emphasis. But the approach to vast shots is a little different. So in this one the stuff is there. Just a matter of composition and design when there's lots of elements looming large in the shot that is the point I'm making.

But you've got lots of great artistic chops, and a wonderful ability to make a comical scene funny. This looks very cool and I would definitely read it given the chance. Keep up the great labor!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks!

Thanks for the kibitzing! I need all the help I can get. Still on a learning curve as far as composition and that sort of thing. Appreciate the observations.

Glad you all liked it!

Mike

HI mike this painting is super fantastic
    Visit my website here

Great painting Mike, looking forward to seeing more
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thanks again!

Thanks Coops and Sabena!