ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A Sunny Day filled with Trash Bunnies

A Sunny Day filled with Trash Bunnies

My husband took me out to a park this weekend to show me an unusual piece of artwork he found in a park.

I had no idea what I was going to see, but he called them "Trash Bunnies"... I am not sure of the original title and artist, but I found them quite amazing and interesting. They were made with bits of this and that, sculpted and then bronzed. I found myself thinking, I could come here and find something new every time.

Hopefully you will find them as interesting. Never imagined how large and detailed they would be. Very inspiring to see such work done with things deemed "junk" or "trash".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FILE0003.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	303.5 KB 
ID:	59537   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FILE0017.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	500.4 KB 
ID:	59538   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FILE0008.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	59539   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FILE0015.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	509.0 KB 
ID:	59540   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FILE0002.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	425.6 KB 
ID:	59541  

Hey, I got bunnies too, but they're made out of dust. . . as are we all. . . but I digress. . .

I think deep inside this stuff is the spirit of Robert Rauschenberg and his goat in tire slathered in paint sculptural assemblages made from trash he picked from bins throughout Manhattan (I think it was Manhatten). Not the Ash Can School, more the Trash Can School (j/k on the name of the school but it sorta fits). But his stuff was still trashy in a way. And yet it was also cool.

These sculptures are actually very morphed into those bunnies as whimsical creatures and I suppose that the closer one gets to the piece, the more one can see the, uh, blemishes. . .

I like very much what the sculptor has done conceptually as well as the look of it. Since we don't know the name, how about:

You Can't Keep a Good Watership Down.

Thanks for sharing this. It's brilliant.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

They're really cool. When you look at them up close, things come to the surface that you can see. The people standing in the picture are actually two adults and a child and they are right next to the Bunny. So they are very tall.

Some of it's quite random (gloves, toys, camera, ect) but then there are other parts that aren't. Giant cogs on shoulder and leg joints, big chains running along the spine. Springs in the legs. Even small doll hands and coins making up portions of the paws.

Happy to share anything interesting like this. There was a name on there. I figure it may be the last name of the artist or maybe the title... "Ryder" but that's all I know.

Cool. Thank you for the link.

Thanks,It was just a google a way

Hans