ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Photos to Pencil Drawings.

Cool Photos to Pencil Drawings.

Hi Guys. Love the program , looking for something to turn the photos of my pooch into pencil drawings.

Any suggestions.

HAMISH THE HERO.

Cool Repeating myself....

PS Sorry I have repeated myself just getting used to the site.

Hamish not quite so heroic now.

If you're looking for a filter to do it, you're out of luck. Unless you find a filter that you can use with ArtRage, but the program itself doesn't come with one. The only initial option (aside from freehand drawing it from the reference) would be to import the image as a Tracing Layer, or a normal layer (whichever method you prefer), and then tracing over it on a new layer, with the pencil tool.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    If you're looking for a filter to do it, you're out of luck. Unless you find a filter that you can use with ArtRage, but the program itself doesn't come with one. The only initial option (aside from freehand drawing it from the reference) would be to import the image as a Tracing Layer, or a normal layer (whichever method you prefer), and then tracing over it on a new layer, with the pencil tool.
    Doesn't Artrage 3 support Photoshop plugins? If so, Akvis Sketch is quite decent for what he wants:

http://akvis.com/en/sketch/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B View Post
    Doesn't Artrage 3 support Photoshop plugins? If so, Akvis Sketch is quite decent for what he wants:

http://akvis.com/en/sketch/index.php
    Yes, it does. That's why I said, "Unless you find a filter that you can use with ArtRage". Without a 3rd party filter, it must be done by hand.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Yes, it does. That's why I said, "Unless you find a filter that you can use with ArtRage". Without a 3rd party filter, it must be done by hand.
    Right, and that was why I was recommending a suitable plugin that would do the job-Akvis Sketch.

Cheers

Doug

I have the perfect program for you. It is called fotosketcher and it is free. I suppose you could make a donation if you like it. It is a lot of fun to play with. only for PC computers.

you can make oil paintings, watercolors or pencil drawings. you just adjust the sliders you can do as many variations as you like and even save the settings once you find a good combination with the results you like. you will love it.

http://www.fotosketcher.com/

coincidentally the creator of the program is from France.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by screenpainter; 08-30-2011 at 09:25 PM.