ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: 1 abstract and 1 that pretends toward realism

Between northern Idaho and southern Mexico

1 abstract and 1 that pretends toward realism

New to ArtRage, just trying my hand. Both these were done on my iPad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Amber-edifice-1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	467.5 KB 
ID:	59408   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guitar-1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	381.4 KB 
ID:	59409  

rattletrap... nice works both of them.... I like the colors and brushwork in both of them... looks like you have a good match with the iPad and AR..

The abstract one reminds me of some old dusty roads in some arid farmland seen from the air. Don't know if Idaho gets that brown, but I'm getting a sort of Mexico vibe from the image and colors of the two.

Nice break up of the space on that first one. I can hear the guitar in the second one. Definitely has a flavor.

Nice stuff.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hey, muchas gracias to both of you!

I just love ArtRage. I love painting in general, but AR on the iPad is just awesome! Very freeing not to have to worry about how much the paint and canvas cost. I'm primarily an abstract painter, as can be seen from my stabs at realism, but lately have been messing with the still life thing.

Do most people here use AR on the iPad, or on their big computer? Having tried the iPad version, I'm tempted by the big version.

Thoughts?

rattletrap...the big version won't probably get you much unless you get a wacom tablet of some variety.. a bamboo, or intuos 3 or 4 depending on your budget.. then you will have the best!

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    rattletrap...the big version won't probably get you much unless you get a wacom tablet of some variety.. a bamboo, or intuos 3 or 4 depending on your budget.. then you will have the best!
    Actually, I have a bamboo (fun, I think), but it's in Colorado right now. Cool, I'll look into it.

Tangentially, there must be a discussion around here about whether "digital art is real art." I'm guessing I'm amongst the choir here in advocating the affirmative viewpoint, but if someone can point me to a thread, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again!

--Tim

There have been several such discussions in the General Chat area. You'll have to dig though. Wish I could help. Might want to do a search on "real art" perhaps as a search string.

Upshot is that in a digital art place it's a slam dunk in favor of digital art being art. Some of the arguments in favor were kinda cool though. There may have been some against but I can't bring any to mind.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    I love the top one especially. Wonderful paintings!
    Very kind of you, Alexandra. Thanks!

Incidentally, I'm wondering why my paintings showed up one this page, rather than on a page resembling yours and others, with the thumbnails and different page formatting. I must have done something wrong, or at least different.

All help appreciated!

--Tim