ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Geometer's Compass

Geometer's Compass

Very useful for making all manner of patterns, for setting up different sorts of guidelines for symmetry on your canvas. For those who know how to use them - search 'Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe' for examples - there's a whole world to play with here.

Allow me to be more specific. I want to be able to set a center point, pull any tool a set distance away from that point, and have the movement of that tool constrained to an arc that distance from that point.

I'd like it if the tool had the option of poking a small hole in the canvas at the center-point -- made a mark -- such that the center point could be re-used, or at least found again.

This is a pretty big deal. It allows you to explore symmetries in the natural forms you trace, or make any number of designs or styles of guide-lines. Please do consider it for an update.