ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Hallucination

Hurricane Hallucination

Irene has finally passed. My 5Th hurricane. The winds were not so bad but, the rain was just incredible. Around 20 inches in 2 -1/2 days. No power, water, cable, net, phone for close to a million folks for 3 days. The river I live next to came and paid my house a visit for the first time in 25 years. Scary stuff................unnerving actually. Knocked down most of my coconuts and breadfruit from the trees. Gathered up the coconuts and used the ref photo for this artwork. Artrage Studio Pro 3.5......................................TJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hurricane Hallucination.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	291.3 KB 
ID:	59384  

Nothin' quite like getting punched in the breadfruit and kicked in the coconuts. . . But ya made it. Nice painting.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Oh my gosh, I'm glad you are alright! And this painting is simply stunning! Well done!

Pleased to hear that you are fine Tony and this is a fine painting too with a lot of imagination. Well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

from near disaster comes this beautiful painting, happy your ok

Tony.. sounds like you really went through it...with Irene... great image from all that... hope things return to normal soon...

Nice painting.
    I hope that the dammage after the hurricane was not to big
    and that you stil can do something with the coconuts

Greetings,
    GekkouJin

Hi Tony, we are just preparing for the hurricane here, Wilmington NC, glad you are okay and great painting of the coconuts, take care and hope you dont have to much mess to clean up

So glad you are okay Tony! It is so scary when nature comes at you like this.
    Great photo work and painting here!

Thanks for the concern and the great comments. Looks like Irene is turning into a powerful storm. The amount of rain associated with this is frightening. We broke a record for 17" of rain in one day when Irene came by here. I hope people heed the evacuation orders and not take any chances. The amount of rain is going to be surreal................
    I included a pic of the huge amount of rain that happened here next to my house. This never happened before, ever!
    Ragers on the east coast be careful please.............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flood 2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	59446  
    Last edited by Tonyjazz; 08-27-2011 at 01:02 PM.