ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: What is your favorite Intuos pen nib?

What is your favorite Intuos pen nib?

What nib do you use in your Intuos pen (if you use Intuos tablets or Cintiqs)? I normally use the standard nib and the Grip Pen, since it glides smoothly over the tablet surface. I used to have a lot of problems with wear on my nibs until I smoothed down my tablet surface with very fine steel wool (Intuos 4).

Also, do you use the sheet that came with the tablet, or did you modify or replace it? I am curious how other people approach the nib wear problem.

I really like the flex nibs, and sometimes the felt nib, but I find that they wear far too quickly, even on the smoother surface. But I love the softer feel of those nibs; the standard one just feels too much like a piece of hard plastic. I wonder if making a custom nib of some sort would help with this? I've thought about laying a sheet of glass over my tablet to stop nib wear, but I carry it everywhere so that isn't very practical for me.

Also, has anyone had any luck using the chisel nibs with ArtRage? I have tried them a little bit, but haven't figured out any good techniques.

I know these are a lot of questions, but I am curious how other 'Ragers do it!

hi Soul baby I've got hard felt nibs stroke nibs looks like they've got little springs in them and black and white chisel nibs a grip pen plus art pen also airbrush but so far only used the nibs that come with pens looks like I need
    two more art pens so I could put diff; nibs in the four then I could tell you what
    I like best ok ----E/S

hi soul baby just bunged a black chisel in and tried looked the same to me

what's it supposed to do

I haven't tried the one with the springs yet; I might have to give that one a go next. Thanks for the replies!

some weeks ago I tried the nib with the spring after using the black and grey ones since I got my Wacom 6 months ago.

the one with the spring is now my favourite nib

MISSIE thanks but why ( reasons )