ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Zooey Deschanel

Zooey Deschanel

I love ArtRage 2 and have been telling everyone about it!

What would be the main advantages for me to upgrade?

Hope you like it, critiques welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zooeypainting.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	302.2 KB 
ID:	59381  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

VERY nice. I enjoy looking at work like this. I ma jealous

I would love to be able to do things like this. I really have a lot of trouble trying to understand how you do things like the "cheek crease" to the left of the mouth.

Lovely! I love the use of light here, and the bright intense expression in her eyes. It's wonderfully done. Thanks for sharing this!

Edit: I haven't used ArtRage 2 much, so I can't compare the two, but I do know that I couldn't live without my Studio Pro! I find myself using most of the features; they are just so intuitive and are always right there at my fingertips when I need them. This is my favorite program and favorite hobby, so it was worth it to me to invest in the best available. I guess it just comes down to what you are looking for in the program. You could try comparing the features, and see if Studio Pro has anything that would really help you in your work. I really think it just comes down to each individual's preferences. That's not a very helpful answer, I know.
    Last edited by scribbledsoul; 08-25-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcahall View Post
    I really have a lot of trouble trying to understand how you do things like the "cheek crease" to the left of the mouth.
    The "cheek crease" is really just two curved lines of a slightly darker color than the surrounding skin. Try to just look at it as shapes.

Yes, that's the key! Break things up into smaller bites to make them easier to work on. See shapes and colors, not whole objects. It's all in how you see things. If drawing the cheek crease is too hard, for instance, try drawing the negative space around it instead. Sometimes that's easier, to reverse how you see things.

Thats an excellent portrait, well done Sinbonders
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

what a great painting of a very beautiful woman... like how you worked an abstract background into the stunningly painted face.. the colors are right on.

Nice painting and technique!
    thats a nice example how to use oil with Artrage

Greetings,
    GekkouJin