ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Has anyone played with StudioPro3.5.2 yet

Has anyone played with StudioPro3.5.2 yet

Hi from Nedsez I see that StudioPro3.5.2 is now released.
    Perhaps a Beta tester or someone who has already got the hang of it would like to give a summary of the new features and how to get the best from them.
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by nedsez; 08-25-2011 at 03:11 AM.
    All the Very Best
    Nedsez

Instant success can take years to achieve...
    'I'd best get a move on?' ...

If you've already got ArtRage 3.5.1 the update to 3.5.2 fixes four problems we found. See the bottom of this post for details - http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...638#post371638

If you have a version earlier to 3.5, a number of new features will be available. A basic list is in the link above, a full list can be viewed here - http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=35818

We've also updated the ArtRage manual, so I'd recommend taking a look at the 'Package files' and 'Scripting' sections for a more in depth description of these two new features, as they're fairly comprehensive.

If you have any other questions, let us know.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hi Dave and thanks for your rapid and helpfull reply.
    There's one thing I still don't get and that's how load the pallet knife with paint. (I think this part of the manual has not been updated), so can't see for looking to find how this works (may be due to advancing years)
    Just one suggestion....
    When the Manual is updated which is brilliant, it would be very helpful if the update to new version xxxxxx and date xxxxx was on the front page.

It was because I was not aware of auto update of the manual that I was asking for help.

The new version is superb.
    Last edited by nedsez; 08-27-2011 at 01:32 AM.
    All the Very Best
    Nedsez

You'll find the option to increase the loading of the Flat and Edge versions of the Palette Knife, on the settings panel for the tool (you must have the Palette Knife selected, and the option for either the Flat or Edge Type selected, before you'll see the option). I've circled it in the attached screen shot. I found information pertaining to this on page 39 of my AR manual, but it may be different depending on the type of language it was written in.

Name:  loadingpaletteknife.png
Views: 141
Size:  31.0 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Hi Someonesane and thanks for your help. I didn't look on page 39 because on page 38 there is still a reference to........
    "The pallet knife does not apply paint to your canvas. So if you have nothing to smear the tool will do nothing."
    So I think this should be edited to explain the new feature.

Thanks again for your input
    All the Very Best
    Nedsez

Yes... I installed the upgrade early yesterday & used it to touch up & texture a 3D rendering I did in Vue Complete... Works quite well....