ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Bulwark

Bulwark

Ok... go easy on this i have gone a little over the top with using the CTRL key in AR.... this is an "artistic bulwark" of continuing my artistic liberty and I am hoping it meets with some acceptance.

I am maybe overly excited about flat colors and hard edges and straight lines right now...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bulwark.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	299.0 KB 
ID:	59348  

That's pretty! I like the stained glass effect! At least, I think it looks like stained glass, but that's half the fun of your paintings; interpreting them!

Thanks Kenmo and Ssoul....glad you liked this and thanks for commenting.

Gary, this is so delightful... like a window into another mysterious room...

Hi Gxpainter i like the simetria in your painting and the palete of color wonderful
    Visit my website here

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    I am maybe overly excited about flat colors and hard edges and straight lines right now...
    nothing wrong with those! I like them
    to me it feels as if I'm standing on the balcony of my luxury home, looking down to the swimming pool

.. or perhaps this just reminds me of chocolate and barbed wire

well, I like it

Looks like the bees redecorated Okay, I'm working on my house. . . what do you expect. . .

I love it. I really like the design since to me this piece is fundamentally about design.

I could see it handled many different ways using the same design shapes.

If one was in mind of process painting, this same design could be executed in smudge and rub and slash and splatter for a completely different effect.

The possibilities have no real limits. The design is solid enough to support all sorts of paint application as well, as well as different colors, different relief heights, different textures, running with the major shapes, and/or the minor ones etc etc.

Not saying this needs changing at all. Just pointing out the value of good design (by my way of thinking). And this is very good. So it sort of speaks to me on a creative level.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

D Akey....hope you can keep the bees away while you work on your house... glad to like the design..... I get your point..there are so many ways to take this design and get a totally different effect.

MSIE... how about we keep the chocolate and swimming pool and skip the barb wire

sabena and AT-TA ... thank you both for your support of my geometric excursion...

Gary, a great view outa the window to see all those textures, shapes and colours