ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Dreams In Paradise WIP

Dreams In Paradise WIP

Here is one more WIP; it's another watercolor and knife painting that was inspired by my Taste of Paradise painting, since I had so much fun with that one. I'm still working out the colors of the sky and the ocean. I want the final painting to feel like a tropical storm is brewing, but there is still a little sunlight left. I did a good bit of work on the clouds in the sky. I don't know if I like them yet or not. Maybe they should be darker and more threatening?

There will be a bunch more foliage and some tropical flowers, and detail and better shading in the water as well. I am hoping to strike a balance between colorfully stylized and realistic.

Don't laugh at my fuzzy green blob on the left; that will eventually be part of the landmass lol. As soon as I figure out where it all should go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dreams In Paradise WIP.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	482.6 KB 
ID:	59329  

So minimalist. I love it just like this actually. Not sure if you should change the sky.