Thread: Dud'

Dud'

Hi everybody, sorry for my poor english but I'm french.
    Then, I've create a paint but I don't know what to do else on my paint. If you can help me for continue this picture

And if you can give me a critique, please
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dud_584.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	196.4 KB 
ID:	4703  

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Ar, and welcome to this forum.

I like very much the little boy and the grass around him. I think you should work the sky a little more.

But I must confess this is a real nice painting.

Welcome again !
    Old

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Ar- i like it too ...if you want to put more in the painting maybe give the boy something to be looking at...a particular shaped cloud or a bird or kite?

just a thought.....but i think its fine the way it is...nice painterly style

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Gallery
    View images
    Hi there.

I like it.

In some other painting, you may want to try painting over a base color that is more like the overall tone that your picture will end up like -- similar to pastels on colored paper.

That way when the paper shows through it is harmonious because it compliments the picture. And if a lot of it shows through, it is a major part of the image (like Degas perhaps).

Some people use really bright color as a canvas. But those people paint very bright pictures -- (intense saturated color).

I personally prefer something toned down a little (more in the middle) so that when you apply your color it stands out. You can go lighter and darker or richer, and have more control over the lighting.

But that may or may not work with your type of painting, but it also might set you off in a satisfying direction.

Welcome!

Thanks for your answers.
    In first, I go continue the sky, try to give a realistic shape to clouds , like " The castle in the sky " by Hayao Miyazaki.

If you have a tips or tutorials for drawing the sky

Gallery
    View images
    Hummm, looking at Bumble skies is very inspiring, at least for me. You can use the search feature of this forum to find her beautiful skies.
    Old

Hmm okay, I continue in this way, this style of paint.
    Yes I've found some topic on the paint sky, thx