ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: This isn't a Painting

This isn't a Painting

Alexa Meade is an installation artist that paints on real people and objects to create the effect of a traditional acryllic painting

Check out her work here:-
    http://www.moillusions.com/2010/06/t...mpaign=scribol

and here
    http://www.moillusions.com/2010/03/h...-painting.html
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

that is just an amazing idea. I love it. It really looks like a painting.

I know, amazing eh
    Though i imagine if you hung them on the wall they'd begin to smell after a while
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

That's really cool stuff.

http://www.alexameade.com/portfolio.html - I think this is her portfolio site.
    Last edited by MJSparks; 08-20-2011 at 03:29 AM.

Fun idea. Would like to see a computer try this, hahah.

I wonder if they limit the interaction between the viewer and the "model" or "actor" or if part of the experience is embracing the personal interaction potential. A painting that literally speaks in character to the viewer would be also interesting. I suppose the one-way nature of looking at a painting would be shaken up a bit if it was talking to you.

Could have a bit of a Twilight Zone quality where the normally one-way TV experience has someone from the inside talking to someone in the room outside the TV. Also, I think of Mr. Lincoln automatron (?) at Disneyland where the robot looks like he's talking while a tape of an actor is playing. (just musing aloud) Or more a limited music box ballerina quality if the model dances if they have a series of proscribed moves like in a cuckoo clock.

The name of the article "This Is Not a Painting" alludes to Magritte's painting of a pipe saying (translation) "This Is Not a Pipe" -- one of the perception-busting conceptual images of the surrealist era. So it begs the question what are they hoping to say. Magritte's painting was still a painting. A living human element opens the door to many ways to go with it. And I wonder if they intend to take it farther in the conceptual direction or if it's a way of creating an illusion that doubtless works better in a photo than in real life.

All groovy. Just curious. It's fun as a novelty at this point, certainly on the illusion of a painting level. Camouflage artists, take note! hahah.

Thanks for this. Very fun.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Juz View Post
    I know, amazing eh
    Though i imagine if you hung them on the wall they'd begin to smell after a while
    ewww.
    you really do have a dark side don't you?

Nice display on Today of her work on Today.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44255806.../?beginSlide=1

Well if that's isn't life imitating art imitating life... Very cool Juz!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Thank You for showing us this stunning visual deceptions!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!