ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Full Moon Rising

Smile NEW Full Moon Rising

Playing around again with the smooth canvas.
    Thanks for looking.

I added detail to the eye ball and more shading around face and nose. Also glazed over all layers with amber and midnight blue. Do you think the top layer is too dark? I think I like this one better. C&C welcome.
    Thanks for the comments everyone and taking a look.

So sorry folks, last one. I found my file and was able to remake the wolf. I will include a screen shot for folks exploring digital art.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullMoonRisingScrnSht.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	59235  
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Alexandra; 08-22-2011 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Last one-remade wolf shadow

Brilliant how you got it all into a very tight close up. I've never seen Little Red shown quite that way. Feels more psychological and inward than a wider angle on the scene. In film they often go tighter with the camera to imply going inside the character. So when a sequence starts wide and goes tighter, whether through a zoom or a series of cuts, it's showing connection on a personal level. Used to connote love or fear or something like that.

Borrowing from the familiar folk tales is a very cool device because the associations are already in place so the viewer would recognize the twist.

Very cool. Your skills are really getting honed, Alexandra.

OooooooOOOOOoooooooooooo . . . I mean yay. . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

wowser!... howlingly great work... D Akey lays it out for sure... fantastic image and the subtle pattern of the scarf and the luminous moon and shadow of the wolf... this is stunning work!...

excellent work, you're eyes and hair work are getting perfected. It's a great all around painting, but the eye is very impressive.

Beautiful work here Sandy !!! Really like the shadow of the wolf
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Love the detail on the fabric Sandy, this is one cool painting of an old story
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Wow! That is so beautiful! I love it!

Excellent composition.