ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having trouble with upgrade 3.5.1.

Having trouble with upgrade 3.5.1.

Hello all

I hope everyone healthy and doing well

I had a question.

I'm got around to finally upgrading from 3.06 to 3.5.1.
    The download was successful, but then when i click on the file to run it, my pc asks me "which program would you like to use to open this file"

I thought it would be like an automatic exe file or self running application.
    Looking for help.

Much appreciated

Thank you kindly

Mike
    Mbrienza

If the file has downloaded fully, then it should be an .exe on Windows or a .dmg on OSX, both of which should open when double clicked. Could I get you to email me at support@artrage.com and let me know what the filename is? It sounds like you're on Windows so I'd recommend right clicking the file and checking the full name under 'Properties'.

I can do some troubleshooting with you to find out what might be causing the download problem and make sure you're able to get the installer.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hello Dave

from my windows menu i put it on details, and there was no file type to be seen.

also, when i right clicked on the file it says in the dialog box,

This installer database contains the logic and data required to install ArtRage Studio Pro.

but no exe info

I remember when i first got Studio Pro i didn't have this problem, kinda weird.

Any advice?

Thanks much

Mike
    Mbrienza

If you right click on the file, then go to properties in Windows 7 / Vista , the full filename is listed at the top of the window e.g. install_artrage_studiopro.exe

There will also be a size listed. If I could get you to take a note of both those details together with which web browser you ued to download, and then email them to me at support@artrage.com that will give me an idea as to what might be causing the problem.

It would be best to do this via email in case I need to sort out an alternative download for you so that I can give you a private password and so on.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Dave

I'm having trouble trying to send you an e-mail, it appears i have to create a new account, because Windows Email doen't support HTTP or Hotmail anymore. Not sure i understand this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Here is the dialog box info per your request

this is exactly how it appears in the properties box

install_artrage_studiopro

(NO .exe ON THE END)

and this is the file size
    78.1 MB (81,896,016 bytes)

Thanks again

Mike B
    Mbrienza

Sorry to hear you can't email. If it's an executable file, then just beneath the filename in the properties window you should see 'Type of file: Application (.exe)'

Check that first. You may not see the .exe in the filename at the top if you don't have file extensions turned on ( many users don't ).

If it's an executable file, Windows should be able to run it when you double click. If it's a different file type, let us know what it is.

I'm guessing that this is an incomplete download which doesn't have a correct extension ( partial files will often have a .part extension ).

I'd recommend disabling any download managers or download accelerators you may have, then going to the Member Area and downloading Studio Pro Windows English version again, and when prompted for what to do with the file, choosing to save it somewhere handy.

If this doesn't help, please let me know:

1/ The file type as detailed above in this post
    2/ The web browser you used to download

I can't post an alternative download link in a public forum, but let's see what we can do before getting to that point, this shouldn't be hard for me to solve for you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Dave

I went ahead and turned on file extensions and still no extenstion for the AR file shows up.

I went ahead and downloaded it again and i took some screen shots of the process so you can see that the .exe extension doesn't show when saving the file.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ARTRAGE2.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	59163  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mbrienza

Oh and one more thing i am using Internet Explorer 8 i think

Thanks for everything

Mike
    Mbrienza

that is very strange. I sure don't remember mine ever saying it is from s3amazonaws.com and I don't remember it ever asking me if I would like to find a program online to open it. ???

I am having the same problem as above. The file is unknown to windows and asks for a program to run it, it is not a exe file. If I click on the JA file above the De En etc file, that is an application file. The file we want in En is" unknown file type 73.1 mb".
    Help needed please.