Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rainy Day Special

Wow, that is amazing. I honestly don't think I must have the patience it takes to paint something with this much detail. Truly shows what Artrage is able to produce once again by you and so many other great artists on this forum. Stunning results!!
    -Dave

Simply unbelievable! You are a true master of realism. Thanks so much for sharing this! And I love the choice of subject matter...

Alexandra, D Akey, semd74, damasocl, ClawShrimp, gxhpainter, coops, limey-g, justjean, DMerchen and scribbledsoul thank you all very much for your comments. Since we're usually our own harshest critics, it's always nice to get such positive feedback from your peers.

ClawShrimp, I'm not as well versed in all the features of AR as I should be and didn't think of making a script . I did make a WIP video of the painting and you can see that here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/felixdk203/6059379418/

gxhpainter, I'm going to look at Bert Monroy's work, I wasn't aware of it. This is the first time that I've tried photorealism.

limey-g, my style of photography is very sloppy. I take lots of photos of the object of interest and hope that at least one will be good. I should be more disciplined, but digital cameras encourage you to just bang away.

DMerchen, as to patience, I wouldn't have finished this image if it weren't for a large supply of aspirin.

scribbledsoul, I'd been wanting to do this painting for several years, but never had the guts to start it in acrylics or gouache. AR seemed to be the ideal medium to get it done. As to the subject matter, are you one of the Alfisti?

Lol! Not specifically, no, but I adore classic cars (especially red ones), and rainy days too. (Is it weird that rain is my favorite weather?) The Alfa Romeo is so classy and beautiful, though, and definitely high on my list of favorites.

Such impressive work! You have done the rainy look to perfection and it's a great perspective!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Thanks Neal, sorry I missed your post, the posts scroll very fast here (a good thing for ArtRage). I'm really getting to like a rainy atmosphere for adding interest to paintings of autos.