ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first post...don't expect much :)

My first post...don't expect much :)

I’ve been using ArtRage (iPad2) on and off for a few months, but have only recently found my stride. This is my 2nd ArtRage created image that I consider finished; although I’ll admit that I’ve done countless experiments and glorified doodles.

Previously I used Art Studio and Sketchbook Pro, but since I started using ArtRage I haven’t looked back.

Anyway…loving the app. Loving the community. Loving the incredible work on show here!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	London.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	59071  

I think it's a common thing when picking photo reference from pics that use wide angle lenses or even fisheye, especially from travel brochures where they want to fit as much info as possible into the shot. And in the context of a photo we don't generally question the distortion. But with a painting, it looks a bit odd, more like a caricature.

Having said that, the image looks good and I can see you'll do really well with this program. Your color is very good, as is your brushwork.

Well done and welcome to the forums. Hope to see lots more.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Cheers. Palettes are usually not my problem. Getting the picture in my head onto the page is my biggest hurdle :P

Incidentally, I had three reference images at hand while 'painting' this image, none of which were wide-angle of fish-eye. The distortion to caricature proportions was completely intentional...although admittedly not entirely successful

Thanks again.

I think it is not bad at all, you are on your way to great paining.

you show a beautiful use of color and brush strokes here. more of that.

A fine painting...I really like the brush strokes...Welcome !!!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

love the perspective and brushwork... looks like you are well on your way !

Very cool!!

You should enter it in our ArtRageUS Magazine for the ipad Artist Portal section.

see the post if you are interested, it is all about us ragers and our art and of course ArtRage.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=30428

Gorgeous painting of a London bus... such great character and mood!