ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Up-ressing textures

Up-ressing textures

Hi there, I've noticed that when scaling images that the brush textures and canvas to not scale in proportion to the new larger document size. This results in a much smoother flatter looking painting. Zooming in I notice that they stay the same scale. It would be nice to keep some of the mess and have those properties resize as well.

When digging through the code what are the properties I should be looking for to correct this? Is there a way to control the depth of the texture displacement?

thanks for the help.

If you're finding that when you play back scripts at a different size, the paper texture is not correctly scaled for the new size, this was a problem we identified with ArtRage 3.5.0. Could I get you to check that you've updated to ArtRage 3.5.1 as the current version has a fix for that. If I've misunderstood or you find you're still having problems after updating, please let me know. You can also email me directly at support@artrage.com
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Smile Up-ressing iPad scrip with embedded bitmap

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I imported and upscaled a scrip from the iPad ArtRage with ArtRagePro. The embedded bitmap layer does not scale up.

Is there a workaround or fix.

Thanks

Carlos

Could you please send the script to support@artrage.com and let me know which version of ArtRage Studio Pro you're using? ( e.g. 3.5.1, can be viewed in Help -> About ArtRage )
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Smile Sent script

DaveRage

I sent you a script.

Thanks,

Carlos

Thanks Carlos! That was very useful. This problem should be fixed in the next update of the desktop version of Studio / Studio Pro, at which point your script will play back correctly at larger sizes.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Smile Thanks, Scaling is fixed in 3.5.3

DaveRage,

Thanks. The scaling issue is fixed in 3.5.3. I just ran the script ArtRageStudio Pro.

Carlos