ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Custom Brushes - Round Oil Brush?

Custom Brushes - Round Oil Brush?

Hi folks,

Just wondering if there is a way of customizing the Oil Brush to make the bristles round (versus their current oval shape)?

J

Okay, I take it this is impossible.

The custom brushes that can be imported into AR from, say, Photoshop - can they be instructed to behave as an oil brush or is this too complicated?

Thanks everyone for looking
    j

You can't change the shape of the oil brush head beyond the standard square/round profile of the bristle mass. The sticker spray can be used to create round heads but it doesn't have the ability to manipulate the paint volume and produce blends or textures the way the oil simulation does. So at this time, there's no way to get behaviour exactly like the oil brush but with a different shaped head.

The Art Brush presets in the sticker spray might be a step towards the kind of effect you're after however.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks Matt

I'm looking to get a brush like Bob Ross style how he does his tree highlighting and clouds. Im not sure the type needed but Im pretty sure its round. Any way of doing this effect in the settings?

I have been finding that its possible to get some of the Bob Ross effects with the stickers. There are some that are like fine spatters that can be used to high light the trees to give them the lighter colors to give the appearance of light on the leaves. Look through the various stickers available and experiment. You may find you are able to manipulate the stickers to your advantage.