ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some goofing around

Some goofing around

Hey guys

I know it's been a while, but I finally got a few seconds to breathe this last month, and I went back to Artrage (because it's awesome) and came up with this. 100% Artrage, about 6 hours all told. I did it for the webcomic that my brother and I have been working on for the last couple of years. My brother came up with a new story he wants to tell, and I've gotten enough better with Artrage over the last couple years that I wanted to try it in a crazy new style. So. If you see any places where the style can grow, point them out!

Anyways, thanks for reading and viewing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	463.1 KB 
ID:	59015  
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

I am not able to tell at what point (if any were needed) you may improve your work, but I really like it.
    Glad to see you back Gray
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Hello Gray
    Good to see your work again and cannot fault it.
    Would be interesting to hear more about your comic
    If I were marooned on a desert island, please air drop me a copy of Artrage 5.0! (Plus a laptop and solar panel)

Rich in color...very well done !!!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Cool image indeed.

Gray....interesting work...love the sky ships and landscape ... great sky... do you have any links to the comic you have been working on??...

Thanks all for viewing and commenting!

@Silvy: Thanks for the welcome and the words of encouragement. This community is incredible. You guys always amaze me with your support.

@iceaxe: thanks! My comic is something I've been working on with my brother between classes and two jobs, so I haven't managed to invest as much time in it as I'd like. The most interesting thing about it is probably the progression of my artistic ability with Artrage over the last two years. It's all online at aberrantchronicles.com

@semd74: Thanks! I've been messing with color, trying to portray light. Glad you like it!

@Jasminek: Thanks indeed!

@Alexandra: Hey Sandra, thanks! It was actually my brother's idea, but I loved it and had a fabulous time painting it.

@gxhpainter: Thanks so much for your encouragment! You can find my comic at aberrantchronicles.com, but it's in a very different artistic style, mostly black and white. It's been a fantastic learning experience for me; I can highly recommend it for focusing on learning a style or focusing a particular set of techniques. I've gotten significantly better as I've worked on it over the last two years.
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

Interesting website. Looks like I may have a new place to lurk.

I like the style and color you have here. I wouldn't change anything about it.

Hi Gray, after your reference to Stardust in your post to my painting I went to refresh my memory of this film and this painting ohhhhhhhhhh takes me right into the film. It a great painting, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307