ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Adding New Color Profiles

Adding New Color Profiles

Hello,

I just purchased a new computer and it has been awhile since I have installed ArtRage on a computer. I am using ArtRage 2 and a long while ago I downloaded a couple of zip files to add to the default resources that ArtRage comes with- I think, but I just can't remember.

I have two zip files - one called oils.zip which contains .col files and another one called torley-artrage-canvases which contains .cpr and .jpg files.

I believe I can just put the .col files in the color folder but sorry to sound a little dense but I really can't remember what to do with or where to put the torley files??

Appreciate your help.

.cpr extensions means those particular files are canvas preset files. Since you have some .jpg files accompanying the .cpr files, I'm going to assume the image files are probably the grains that the .cpr files use. So you should drop the .cpr files into your "Canvas" folder, and the .jpg image files into your "Grains" folder. If you're using AR Studio, you can find the folders quickly, by opening the program, and the selecting Tools > User Content and then selecting the options for the two folders (Open User Canvas Presets Folder or Open User Paper Grains Folder).

As for the .col files, you were correct. They are files that belong in the Colors folder, for use with the Sample Panel.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thank you for the explanation, time to start drawing!

If you are looking at downloading any further resources for ArtRage, you may find this post helpful as well, a 'how to' guide on installing and using various types of resources to the various versions of ArtRage - http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=18574
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Great, thanks!!