ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Deleting stencils

Question Deleting stencils

Hi guys!

Since I've been using AR to colour drawings that I have inked traditionally, I've made quite a few stencils that I've only used once and am not likely to again.

I was wondering if it was possible to delete stencils? I don't want stencils taking up room on my computer if I don't really need them there...

Thanks guys!

You're using ArtRage Studio or Studio Pro, is that correct? If so, there are a couple of ways you can do this:

1/ Open the stencils panel, right click on a stencil you want to remove and choose the delete option from the menu. This is useful for removing a small number of stencils as you're doing it one stencil at a time

2/ Go to Tools -> User Content -> Open User Stencils Folder. You'll see all of the custom categories you've entered for stencils as folders here, and within them, each of the stencils you added as .png files. You can delete entire categories you added by removing the folder, or individual stencils by removing their file. Restart ArtRage after doing this so that the app can rescan user stencils. This is more useful for removing large numbers of stencils at a time.

I hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hi Bluetabbycat,

(EDIT) - Looks like Dave beat me to the punch, on this one. Took to long with the screen shot, I guess, lol. I'll Leave this up, in case the visual is of any help.

(Edit 2) - How long has the option to delete the stencils from the panel been there? Man... I'm off my game on this one.

Here's the steps you'll need to take (as illustrated in the attached image, below):
    1 - Open ArtRage

2 - Click on Tools, select User Content, then click on the option to Open User Stencils Folder... This will open the folder your stencils are saved to.
    Note: You may have additional folders (which appear as Groups, on AR's Stencil panel), within the Stencils folder. If you don't see the stencil images you're looking for, be sure to check these sub folders.
    3 - Locate the stencils (which are nothing more then image files, like .jpg or .png), Right Click on them, and select Delete. to remove them, as you would any other file on your computer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deletestencils.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	58988
    Last edited by Someonesane; 08-15-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Ah, brilliant! Thanks guys!