ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Gift of Light

A Gift of Light

one more ..been a fun weekend to work on paintings.. light is what we all work in after all..... hope you like this effort...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A Gift of Light.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	310.4 KB 
ID:	58964  

Gary. I'm not as crazy about this one as your others but I still like it.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Neal ..thanks I am glad you like this one...

Sandy......thanks

Beautiful creation, Gary. It just reminds me of colorful splendor of candies in those big cookie jars in the store.

This is one interesting work gxh. I imagine like a team of snakes on a mission to infiltrate a carpet factory. I suspect this might not be what you had in mind though. Groovy carpet texture in any case
    If I were marooned on a desert island, please air drop me a copy of Artrage 5.0! (Plus a laptop and solar panel)

this one looks like a shiny 3D graffiti, very cool!

it's good to see your explorations Gary. this one very colorful bit of eye candy.

That line work is really exquisite. I've had a lot of trouble getting my line art to show up just right in Artrage with just the right widths and weight in places, but the more I use the ink tool, the better I get, though it does happen slowly. You've got it down though. That stylized look of that ink bounding line really draws my eye around this image.

The only real critique I can come up with is the shading. I love that you've added it, there is some really great dimension to the lighting in this image because of it. It converts the image from simply being colors on a page to having that luminescence that you've named it after. It feels a little flat somehow though, like it was simply a tint instead of true shadow. The color in the shadow areas feels dry? I'm probably just making it up.

Well done on all accounts.
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

Gray... thanks for the detailed comments.. always good to get another's eye to see what you missed in the heat of the painting

screenpainter... thanks for the support for one of my explorations.. always trying to move . I never can just sit too long with one look to my painting... sometimes it works and lots of times it is a mess.... but I have found even in those sometimes a new spark exists..
    MSIE... this was a take on the immediate gesture of a graffiti mark but with the complex candy colors instead of a flat one..
    iceaxe and AT-TA thanks for viewing and leaving great comments !