ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Artrage, Tablet PCs and video cards

Artrage, Tablet PCs and video cards

I'm in the market for a Tablet PC as my current laptop is doing so well. I'm going to kill 2 birds with one stone by making it a tablet PC. What I'm specifically interested in is how Artrage utilizes graphics.

For instance, a Fujitsu T901 comes stock with Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics chip. There is also the option to have an NVIDIA® NVS™ 4200M GPU (1 GB Video RAM) with Optimus instead.

Would ArtRage benefit from the NVIDIA chip at all? How much? Thoughts on both chips and how they would perform against each other?

Thanks and Cheers!

ArtRage doesn't rely on video acceleration. The primary influence on speed will be how fast the computer's processor is and with ArtRage Studio and Studio Pro, how many processor cores it has ( as these versions support multi-threading, allowing them to take advantage of multiple processor cores ). I wouldn't expect to see a noticeable difference between two different video cards. I hope that's of some help!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you Dave. That helps a lot.