ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ICC profiles? (and CMYK support)

Question ICC profiles? (and CMYK support)

It may be not a shiny feature but it's essential for those who work with images and print.
    I'm an illustrator and it kinda sucks to have to switch to Adobe Photoshop just to manage the cmyk profile and check if conversion didn't mess up all the colors.
    Is it going to be implemented soon or later?

There are no plans to include color profiles or CMYK at this point as limitations to the color palette don't work well with the paint blending system.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

.__. uff, I'll have to keep doing with Photoshop then.
    Thanks for the nice reply by the way!

Question CMYK essential for print designers

Hi, Just to offer a vote for CMYK previewing etc... Just purchase ArtRage Pro to design backgrounds for my print catalogues but it's really pretty hopeless to attempt this sort of work in RGB. I'm surprised there aren't more design professionals using ArtRage for print. Paper's not quite dead yet...

If offering an alternative CMYK colour palette means working with limited blending options that's a small price to pay when compared with the major losses the image is going to suffer once you use Photoshop to convert the image to CMYK to prepare it for print. My first attempt at this made me so sad... the RGB work is of course deceptively pretty. The CMYK version went straight to trash.

I'm illustrator too and am working on a book cover. I have the same problem.
    would be nice to have a preview in cmyk.