ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Palette Knife: getting the perfect angle

Smile Palette Knife: getting the perfect angle

I love the studio pro's new features. The palette knife "lock Rotation" control is pretty handy...but it's a bit of a pain to change it so it's just right.
    A short cut key would be great in the future...one that would lock the angle where ever you have it when you press the hot key.

anyway, a simple solution i found to getting it at just the right direction quickly is to hold CONTROL(PC) and drag in the direction and length you would like it to go...just like making a strait brush stroke with the brush tool or line with the pencil,marker etc.

simple right? You may have already figured it out yourselves, but if you haven't I hope this was helpful to you

RAGE ON my friends!

I made a chart, matching the degrees (in 15 increments) to the percentage angle of the settings dial. I just eyed the angles against a protractor stencil. I originally saved each angle set as a preset, but found that I changed the loading, and everything else, to much to bother with individual presets for them all. So I just went with a chart.

Name:  Degree Chart.png
Views: 618
Size:  216.3 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.