ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lesson learned in recording script

Lesson learned in recording script

The new ability to play back paintings done on the iPad was greatly appreciated. I was seriously thinking about purchasing Brushes just for this feature alone. However now that this feature has been added to ArtRage iPad I don't need to worry about it any more. now to get to my point. I was watching a script I had recorded and the painting suddenly jumped to the left side of the screen at a 90 degree angle. It was at this point in the painting that I had flipped the switch to lock the orientation so I could pick up the iPad and paint without the tools constantly flipping around on the screen. So lesson learned do not lock the orientation of the iPad if you are recording and like to paint in a landscape orientation.

Thanks for reporting this! I'll take a look at it here and add it to our bug list so we can fix it for an update.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I had something similar happen, but I did not lock the orientation.

My test flipped about 50% into playback and I also didn't flip the canvas or iPad at any time during painting.
    Susan Murtaugh satisfied user (ArtRage)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzi54241/

Thanks for the extra details. We've got some ideas and are looking into it. If the painting session was stopped and continued at any point and the painting reopened, if the iPad was at a different orientation, a painting orientation change may have been recorded, even if the iPad wasn't rotated during actual painting. We're going to look at removing orientation changes from script recording.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I do remember leaving the app once, it may have been at that 50% mark.
    Susan Murtaugh satisfied user (ArtRage)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzi54241/

I recall leaving the application once too.

Just a couple of examples, which might help you pinpoint the problem.

If I draw in landscape mode, the ‘video’ starts correctly in the center of my screen, but eventually flips to portrait, and shifts to the far left of the screen.

If I draw in portrait mode, the ‘video’ starts correctly in the center of my screen, but eventually shifts to the far left side of the screen.

Incidentally, at no point did I:
    -Lock/unlock my screen.
    -Rotate my screen at all.
    -Save (not until the end).
    -Close and reopen the app.

I simply started and completed images in one sitting on a stationary iPad.

Don't worry...I'm not complaining, as this wasn't a deciding factor when purchasing ArtRage. I LOVE THIS APP!

Thanks for the feedback everyone! We'll be removing rotation from iPad script recording for the next update which should solve this.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Fantastic!

Any chance of Script playback on the iPad 2 itself? For coolness factor for than anything.