ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rioting in England

Rioting in England

My thoughts and prayers are with my ArtRage friends in the UK and who have to endure this violence....

God Bless

Ken

Thanks for your kind thoughts Kenmo, although I am nowhere near these cities my heart goes out to all those who are effected and to those who have lost their homes and everything that they hold dear. Such mindless acts that I cannot understand.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Everything is fine here in Scotland, at least at where I am living.

It's hard to believe such thing would happen in a country of gentlemen... There are so many undereducated/uneducated people around the world, why didn't they smash shop windows and steal stuff?

Thank you Ken for your kind wishes, the nearest town to me is 6 miles away so well away from the trouble.
    I am keeping in touch with my family who are in Manchester where some of the trouble is. My son-ln-law works in the centre of Manchester, so hopefully he will keep safe. He said last night as he was leaving work at 5.30pm the yobs were starting to congregate ready to kick off. I can't understand what the hell is going on with these youngsters.
    Christine.(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

Artrage Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/

Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand to name a few owe so much to mother England. It saddens me very much to see this type of crap happen...

Although I never been to England, my great grandfather came to Canada from Wales...

If they wanted change why would they not use their energies in a more positive way to bring about change. By tearing up their backyards and damaging the properties of their fellow countrymen they are only alienating themselves....

Hopefully peace & order is quickly established...

Thank you Kenmo for the thread.

May I send my concern and fondest wishes of safety to all of you in the UK as well. Dreadful business, that. You are like family, and it's disturbing indeed.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks Kenmo and all who are expressing concern. My thoughts also go out to all those who have suffered in any way during these unprecedented anarchic outbursts of civil unrest.

I live within 150 yards of a business that was attacked as part of copycat disturbances in Gloucester last night. Yet the effective policing meant that our residential street was never under threat.

Luckily the scale of unrest across the city was nothing like that of those making the headlines, but still a shameful indictment of the failure to integrate all elements properly into society. It's a complicated problem that punishing a few miscreants won't permanenetly solve. We need to tackle the root causes as well as the damaging symptoms.

Things are a lot quieter tonight thanks to that same police presence, at least in Gloucester. Hopefully that will be reflected across the country as well.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

It's terrible to watch on the news. Looks like muticulturalism isn't always what it's made out to be.

IMO I totally don't think this is caused by multiculturalism / lack of education and love / playing too much GTA / raise of tuition fee etc. Those are all excuses. As said, it is pure crime.

I think they are simply over-protected by teenager laws. The law is now somehow being used by them as advantage. Just like saying in supermarket you can get your refund within 7 days so some people buy stuff, enjoy and get their refund on the 6th day- you can't say it's illegal. It's not caused by anything.

Some people have remarked it's more about a problem with youth in our societies.... In June 2011, Vancouver (Canada) a bunch of youths were upset when their Vancouver Canucks (NHL - pro ice hockey team) lost the championship finals (Stanley Cup) to the Boston Bruins. They took it upon themselves to trash the city causing much mayhem....