ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Kindle and Artrage

Kindle and Artrage

I just got a Kindle. Borders here is closing and I read everyday. What an amazing little machine. I can even show off my artrage artworks on it albeit, in black and white. I just e-mail them to my kindle e-mail. I can also view this forum on it. TJ/////////

Hi Tony, they are great machines. Had mine for a couple of months for using on the train. Although occasionally I have been forced back to 'dead tree technology' when my son borrows it

I posted a screen shot of what the forum looks like here:
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=34180

Just reading 'Buddhism Plain and Simple' by Steve Hagen at the moment
    Good planets are hard to find - help look after ours.

I got the Kobo about a year ago because of its support for the .epub open ebook standard.

E-ink is a beautiful thing, I much prefer it to what jono calls 'the old dead tree' format, its really nice if your eyes are tired that you can just scale up the text too.

I think i've read more in the last year than the previous ten due to this nifty device.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

That's great! Is there no way to change from the b&w though? Seems a pity

The beauty of these devices lies in the fact that you're able to store 1000's of novels in the space of less than one. Also that the e-ink is very easy on the eye unlike reading off the high contrast of a monitor, ipad, tablet etc. Books don't suffer from dogears, stains, faults in the letterforms etc that well-loved paperbacks/hardcovers do.

Colour E-ink has been invented and is on sale in Japan... however its around 8x the cost of the Kobo or Kindle is hardly worth the investment for seeing a bookcover in colour.
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/07/h...e-book-reader/
    Give it a couple of years until they come down to a price that is reasonable.

If you were wanting a device to view glossy magazines or a colourful internet it would be better to get one of the ipad or android devices designed specifically for these types of tasks, which at a lower cost will display colour content much better than colour e-ink does as well as offer more functionality than an e-reader.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

I just tried it on my Nook BW, 1st gen and it's not as clear as the kindle example. The lighter link colors wash out on the eink.
    RIP:tiny 1999 Wacom Graphire
    tablet: small Wacom Intuos4