ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purview

Purview

It was a childish Ignorance,
    But now it is little joy,
    To know I am farther off from heaven
    Than when I was a boy.
    - Thomas Hood

Last edited by wenkat; 08-09-2011 at 11:52 PM.
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Ah, a lover of poetry. I can see you appreciate a poetic symmetry with variation. I like the rather visual representation of that with the poem. Great colors. Very refreshing, and a nice counterbalance to the notion of a mild twinge of sadness over a more or less natural truth as expressed in the poem. While it grazes melancholy, the colors expressed there can be perceived as perfection. The balance of left and right makes it also feel a little like a not quite exact mirror, which is fitting as a symbolic representation.

Very nice!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks D Akey, for your detailed comments. Frankly, while doing this picture I didn't have any such thoughts or fantasies you've expressed. Perhaps, the picture emerges for the beholder! I'm privileged! Thanks again!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Shading the water with colors, painting the water with rhyme, oh... you can finish the poem, wenkat...and i'll throw you a dime.Nice picture...bright as i like it.

It works for me Wenkat. I am visualizing a large canvas with this painting again. Museum...or perhaps in a lovely beach home off of the sea some where....

wenkat....you have an interesting style of painting and use of colors and I find it creative and immediate... very well done.

One of you best works Wenkat. It has such a tangible feeling to is, the swish of the water and lilt of the words makes for a wonderful viewing sensation
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Great visual interpretation of that very Romantic poetic notion! Now you need to review your Wordsworth.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Thanks Alex, AT-TA, Coops gxhpainter and ScottF for your opinion and comments on this. Great poetic lines induce further and are true value-addition to any works.

Gorgeous Wenkat, love the colours used, reminds me of tropical ocean
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)