ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Edit paper settings color handling problem?

Edit paper settings color handling problem?

Hei.

I notice one quite important problem paper settings numeric color handling.

A. I set paper color r117 g172 b255

B. Drawing area color is not same all paper area?

I put a drawing to see this problem what i mean.

And also result of drawed drawings how it can see on net-page.

(remove tmp.)

Net page backround is, 117, 172,255

What can do?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Heikki
    ArtRage applies lighting across the canvas. The top left is generally slightly lighter than the bottom right of the canvas surface. It makes it look a bit more real that a simple flat colour.
    No colours in ArtRage will exactly match the colours you choose. When we were designing ArtRage and working out the lighting model, we wanted something that 'felt good' rather than was exactly numerically accurate.

This does mean ArtRage is not suitable for many uses that require exact colour-matching.
    Even the default paper isn't exactly white - it has a slight yellowish tinge. This more closely matches the feel of a canvas lit with warm lights.
    Additionally, most of the canvas textures in ArtRage have a slightly roughened surface, and when the light is applied it can vary the colour very slightly in small local areas to give the texture of the paper.

AndyRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    Hi Heikki
    ArtRage applies lighting across the canvas. The top left is generally slightly lighter than the bottom right of the canvas surface. It makes it look a bit more real that a simple flat colour.
    No colours in ArtRage will exactly match the colours you choose. When we were designing ArtRage and working out the lighting model, we wanted something that 'felt good' rather than was exactly numerically accurate.

This does mean ArtRage is not suitable for many uses that require exact colour-matching.
    Even the default paper isn't exactly white - it has a slight yellowish tinge. This more closely matches the feel of a canvas lit with warm lights.
    Additionally, most of the canvas textures in ArtRage have a slightly roughened surface, and when the light is applied it can vary the colour very slightly in small local areas to give the texture of the paper.

AndyRage.
    i c that's why the stokes look more solid hehe
    HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    Hi Heikki

AndyRage.

Hi, and thanks clear answer. I get the point of yours. Now i understand more better how program works and i can handle this color-system.

Normal art-drawing paint it is not a problem.

Mainly it is problem only when i use net-gallery drawings without frames or using magazine press without frames or somekind box round of picture.

Like you see my artkuvia page, there is that same goosedrawing with frame and then color-difference between drawing-netpage is not problem.
    ( I remove my temp page where was this goose-drawing without frames.)

(I think that opacity selection is usefull of this too with using .png format also.)

So color-thing is clear for my and i handle it. Ok.

Thanks again and Hi.