ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A face. First script trial

A face. First script trial

I never recorded my work. So, I tried the new script feature in AR Pro with a fast watercolor. I forgot to watch the time it took (15 minutes?).
    If you play it in speed mode it takes some 5 minutes to the end. Still not sure how to manage the tips feature and not sure I understand the difference between the default mode of recording and the second one.
    Anyway, I doubt I can use it for recording a real work (usually 2+ hours); but may be useful for specific, limited purposes.

PS: I just realize there's a limit size of 488.3 KB for a .arscript to post. Mine is a 4 MB size. I dunno which way to go. Can it be translated to another format and uploaded into YouTube? I'm disoriented.

In the meantime, here is the downsized .jpg version of the work, unfinished as it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Script_prueba1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	185.6 KB 
ID:	58763  
    Nulla die sine linea
    http://bobrow.wordpress.com

I am looking forward to viewing it Bob.
    I am really enjoying the pen lately, and have such an appreciation for this style.
    Do you have a specific canvas?

Very fluid! I like it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Maravilloso!!!

Si hay algo que admiro, es la caricatura, y sobretodo, aquella bien realizada, tal como lo son las tuyas.

También quisiera "convertir" los scripts de AR, a otro formato, pero hasta ahora el convertidor que utilizo no reconoce este formato.
    Si averiguas algo al respecto, por favor, compártelo...

Wonderful!

If there is anything I admire, is the caricature, and above all that well done, as are yours.

I would also like to "convert" scripts AR, to another format, but until now I use the converter does not recognize this format.
    If you find out something about it, please share it ...
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Nice work Bob! I like to use the Felt Pen for my inking too, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Row View Post
    If you play it in speed mode it takes some 5 minutes to the end. Still not sure how to manage the tips feature and not sure I understand the difference between the default mode of recording and the second one.

I only know of one way to record a script. There is a way to write a script by hand, but that's going down a different road of creativity. If you're referring to the two methods of playing the scripts back, however, the accelerated toggle allows a user to watch the script free of any pauses that may have been taken by the creator during the creation process. This basically means, that if you (as the creator) were painting a picture, stopped to get a soda (which took 3 minutes), came back and started again, a user watching the playback would never see the 3 minutes pause (as long as they selected the Accelerated playback). Any notes, or tips you put in, will still happen though.

Anyway, I doubt I can use it for recording a real work (usually 2+ hours); but may be useful for specific, limited purposes.

I recorded an image that ran an hour and 10 minutes long, and I didn't have any trouble with it (that I didn't cause myself, anyway, but that's a story for another day). Unless, you're referring to being able to post the files. In which case, I'd recommend using DropBox, which I've been using to host my files recently, with great results.

PS: I just realize there's a limit size of 488.3 KB for a .arscript to post. Mine is a 4 MB size. I dunno which way to go. Can it be translated to another format and uploaded into YouTube? I'm disoriented.

There isn't a way to convert the file, but you can play it back in ArtRage, and record it using a program like CamStudio. This is what I did for the video I posted for this thread.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Great work again Bob and I really like the way that you have done his eyes
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

You're always so generous, but this is just a scribble for experimental purposes only.

Someonsane: thanks for your valuable information. I still don't understand what is the script feature for if not to share in the forum.

Alexandra: At present I like to draw with the felt pen (60%press, 100%wet, 0%soft) on any rough paper (not in this case). Here is the reason:

By the age of 10 y.o. I got mesmerized by this book and this artist:
    http://www.literatura.org/Fierro/index.html
    (click on the html link for the complete book)
    I'm perfectly described by this:

"Many Argentineans name Juan Carlos Castagnino as their favorite artist. This is surely due to the fact that Castagnino illustrated a treasured edition of the epic gaucho poem "Martin Fierro". Argentine school children learn parts of this poem by heart. The fictional gaucho Martin Fierro, unjustly treated and hounded by the law and society, is an iconic figure who embodies Argentina's national character of perseverance in adversity and mistrust of authority."

I think I still try to draw digitally in the way Castagnino did with a stick and ink or watercolors on real paper. They say it's outdated, but tell me if you find something as powerful and moving as this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nulla die sine linea

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Row View Post
    Someonsane: thanks for your valuable information. I still don't understand what is the script feature for if not to share in the forum.

They are for sharing, but like with anything else, there is a cost involved. The members of ArtRage are extremely lucky to be allowed to upload and share what is, currently, an unlimited amount of images, to not only a personal gallery space, but also the forums. This also extends to a number of the other file types as well. There aren't many places online that do that, under normal circumstances. At least, not without putting a cap on the amount of data one is allowed to store, or force some awful looking advertisements in our faces.

Since many of the .arscripts will likely be of the recorded type, and many will be done to record a full image, the file sizes will be very large for them. The cost of keeping everyone's files would quite substantial for the AR team. They could allow them to be shared, but we would then have to pay to be allowed that priviallage, either directly (send them a monthly fee for space, or pay that much more for the cost of the program, and maybe even the updates), or by being forced into waching advertisements.

Personally, I'm perfectly fine with hosting my script and pact files from DropBox,if helps keep the forums going here. It may take a couple of more steps to do, in comparison to uploading directly, but at least it's free.
    Last edited by Someonesane; 08-10-2011 at 12:37 AM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

It is great to be able to store and share a script that can be opened in AR so others can experiment "the real thing".
    It will be also great if the next step would be to be able to store it in a compressed format to share it with everyone in YouTube, Vimeo, et al, don't you think?
    Nulla die sine linea

Always great to see your work, Bob! Thanks for sharing that about Castagnino! I´m also a great fan of pen and ink work.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.