ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tachisme Visions

Tachisme Visions

a take off on a recent thread by D Akey and gigiCharm about personal mark making... with the digital realm we have the luxury of the mechanical ( via selections, filters, shapes,) and the personal... ( wacom tablets ) and can easily move from one type to another within the same image if we want. so this is my investigation of Tachism in the digital era... hope you like it .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tachisme Visions.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	160.1 KB 
ID:	58718  

I am quite partial to abstract and this is very appealing.

very interesting, gxhpainter! of course I had to search for GigiCharm's and D Akey's conversation about mark making (found the thread --> here), and then I spent quite some time googling for Tachisme

so now it's past bedtime for me but I wanted to let you know that I like your "Tachisme Visions" very much

thanks for another inspiration

You're the king when it comes to these cool designs....

Fantastic, gorgeous colour

I'm curious as to whether there was a little of Peter Pickneys 'Rabbithole' influence to this piece?

It makes sense that the paint splodges, drips and and blobs of paint might translate to layers, shapes and blend modes in the digital form
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Kenmo... many thanks for viewing and you gracious comment

Juz.... to answer you question as I understand PP's rabbithole ... yes for a lot of my work I use blend modes transparency and lots of layers flipped, copied, rotated whatever it takes... and lots of selections.. after the base color work and painting is done..then back to a final touch AR touch up.

It reminds me of sports day at school and me trying to jump the hurdles, well done again Gary
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Very interesting painting and design Gary...well done !!!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Mall-velous painting. It's as if you are depicting a down shot of the modern shopping mall interior with the shops and shoppers. If one were to consider the shops as being filled with trendy clothes and books and housewares and all manner of product, arrayed to capture the attention of the passing customers. They are filled to the brim each with a cacophony of attention grabbing packaging, layered in like quilts. But no two are exactly the same. Like running The Dazzling Gauntlet of Commerce.

It would be the visual equivalent of a string of carnival barkers on the midway. . . er barking: "Step right up. . . you there sonny. . . don these magic garments of funky casual couture and win the affection of the entire varsity cheerleader squadron, all for only a single dime, one tenth of a dollar. . .paid weekly for the next 84 months, interest compounded daily, no payment required until January 2014. Have you the nerve to grapple with all that pom-pomeranian nubility?"

<insert the patter draws for each and every customer type, measured up and assessed within the duration of a small sound byte. . .>

And those customer shapes you have in the common walking area, they look to show the influence and pull of the various shops to which they are turned. . . as if the temptations were graphically displayed, like looking through heat sensitive lenses. . . where they are being pulled forward and tempted back. . . the commercial fitting of the modern world.

The 'stores' feel dimensional from the shadows you have as well, thus implying relative scale.

That's my take on your painting. Very cool.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

steve....many thanks to your continued support and appreciative comments.

Mr D Akey.. BRILLIANT !.... every new art form has at it inception a great protagonist.. so for this MALLISISM is born... with full pom-pomeranian nubility to make all in Wacom land tremble... brilliant analysis of its lack of depth and pure cacophony of attention grabbing packaging