ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Haired Hootin' Beauty/Changed Bluto

Black Haired Hootin' Beauty/Changed Bluto

Per suggestion of Cartoonman, I had to try drawing Olive Oyl and Bluto.
    I experimented with duplicating my drawing and using watercolor effect on a smooth canvas, and it kind of blurred my characters while leaving an outline. Maybe blurred too much.
    I probably will go over this one a bit. I had a hard time drawing Bluto, and his head is kind of strange, and teeth not like the original, anyway, here is my attempt. Also I glazed a few layers as well.
    Anyway, I hope you enjoy Olive Oyl as a Hooter server with an admirer on the outside.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Alexandra; 08-09-2011 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Changed Bluto

Sandy... LOL... you did a remarkable job on this the leering Bluto and stringbean Olive Oil expressions are great... super super work !!

This is certainly a fun picture. Like it.

Love your version of these two cartoon greats.... Now ya' gotta do more... Heckle & Jeckle, Mighty Mouse, Woody Woodpecker come to mind....

ROFL
    This concept is hysterical.
    Wonderful piece, love the pose of Olive and I think it looks exactly like Bluto.
    I'm going to have to watch this thread for D.Akey's comment
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Hi Gary, Thanks so much. You know when Cartoonman suggested this, I thought woah, this is going to be a challenge! yippeeee!
    I had to use a lot of references and researched the characters started in 1919! Olive Oyl was the sister to Caster Oyl spelled this way back then. I have a great appreciation for the old cartoons, the humor, and detailed art.

Thanks so much Bobbi, much appreciated dear lady!

Ken, thanks so much! Those were great cartoons for sure.

Juz, Thanks so much! Wasn't that a great idea of John? I am sure that more ideas could be painted. No telling what Cesare would paint!
    I can't ever imagine what our dear D Akey will say. Sometimes great and useful crit, or something that will bring tears of laughter to my eyes.

You did a wonderful job with it Sandy
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Thank you dear Steve, but I am already having the "Monks" as I now label it....going to have to go over Bluto and Olive. When I duplicated my drawing, the blurriness was not what I wanted, but I did get an outlined shadowy effect I liked on this smooth surface. I will see what I can do. I am thankful for layers.

I'm going to laugh all day !!!!! Great work. Now I need to motivate myself and do one just so I can have fun in doing it. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

Very funny. Short-order Bluto is pretty Oyled up I would say.

It's a wonderful vignette. Very funny and I could see thousands of these being run off the press and ending up in sports bars across the land. Your sense of scale throughout is distorted just enough to make everything consistently light and amusing. Great balance.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream