ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Easy way to calibrate your monitor

Easy way to calibrate your monitor

I'm using Windows 7 64 dual monitors for my photo editing & digital art work...

I noticed that sometimes an image will often display differently between the two monitors... (contrast, hue, saturation, etc)....

I've tried the Microsoft "way" to calibrate my monitors but I find it too tedious and I never get satisfactory results. And the two monitors still display differently....

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/w...e-your-display

I've also noticed images also display differently among my 4 computers at home (2 Windows 7, 1 Ubuntu 10.04 & 1 OpenSuse 11) and my computers at work...

I find this very frustrating...

Anyone have any tips on how they calibrate their monitors?

Monitor calibration

IMO, the only way is to use one of the colorimeters. You can get an entry level Spyder or Huey for under $80 (even cheaper on sale), and they work wonders. Rich

I use the spider 3 pro, I did have the pantone Huey and that calibrated brilliantly but they use a flimsy cable and it didn't last long before the cable kinked at the joint and broke contact with the unit.
    I like the spider it's so easy to use and it has a much thicker cable. I start with it in the holder to take ambient light reading, then hang it on the monitor and let it do it's thing. I do get a false reading on my IMac, the finished calibration is darker then it should be, nothing wrong with the colors but I do have to tweak the brightness after it's finished. I think it's because the monitor on the imac is a shiny screen and it causes some sort of reflection on the sensor.
    Christine.(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

Artrage Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/

Hi kenmo,
    Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    ~ Anyone have any tips on how they calibrate their monitors?
    There's a program called "Calibrize" that will do what you're after & it's a FREE download.
    I still can't post any links as yet...so try "www_dot_calibrize_dot_ com"

HTH, Colin

Monitor calibration

I do have the Huey and have used it on several monitors. It works really well and makes a huge difference in the appearance. No surprises when the prints come back from the processing. Rich