ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Heron

White Heron

Trying a new direction with Artrage. I took a pic of my favorite fishing spot and used it for the BG in this artwork. Used the blur feature to have it out of focus and create more depth. Worked in the foreground, added the heron and copied it, then positioned the copy in the water and lowered the opacity setting to 33%. Added ripples and shrubs........Artrage Studio Pro 3.5....................PS: I catch a lot of peacock bass here with live bait!.........................TJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	White Heron.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	58614  

tony.... i like this....a great exploration and with very successful results... I like the blending of the photo with your handiwork... Kenmo is doing similar things each of you is exploring it a little differently but I like the look...

Remarkable blend between photo and painting. Really first rate effect in that the spacial relations are really good. And your rendering of that bird particularly good. Bravo!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

this is great! I like how you managed to assemble "real life" and fiction - those trees in the foreground are very well done, and the "real life" photorealistic background blends in so well

I like this a lot

A fascinating and very successful experiment, Tony! A real beauty.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Thanks all for the great comments in this experiment on using photography and artrage together. The unlimited possibilbilties are amazing. TJ

Great results from your experiment, congratulations on a very successful painting!!
    -Dave

Great experiment with fantastic results !!!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

This gets the mental juices flowing. The experiment really works. Love it!