ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Somber Thoughts

Somber Thoughts

a close dense meditation in the stillness of the night... a gathering of thought into a single source of light that shines out. hope you like this comments always welcome
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Somber thoughts.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	391.3 KB 
ID:	58606  

I like this very much and find it quite special.
    Not really an abstract, rather a rendering of an actual scene into a sort of mathematical form fully representing it.
    You built this composition masterfully and the orange accent and shape takes an ineffable charm from all the other elements orderly taking place around out of the darkness over the figure in the bed (among which an air conditioner I guess). There's concentration and ponderation and a certain sense of loneliness of our own being, a little light surrounded by an immense mystery.
    Last edited by Caesar; 08-05-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I like the lasting sense of clean that comes emanates out of this...
    A good submission
    If I were marooned on a desert island, please air drop me a copy of Artrage 5.0! (Plus a laptop and solar panel)

I like this painting Gary...the mixing of the soft color with the darker ones makes this exceptional...one of your best works !!!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Caesar. iceaxe, Steve - thanks guys for your appreciative comments on this one...I deliberately used a very restricted set of colors and kept the details subtle and few.. and as iceaxe noted a "lasting sense of clean that comes emanates out of this." I wasn't sure what its reception was going to be so I am glad you all found it a satisfying work..