ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Question and help

Question and help

Anyone????

I was working on an art interpretation and needed the canvas to be vertical so I turned it to 90 degrees. The problem is that I wanted to upload it hear for critiquing and it is showing up sideways...is there a way to fix this?

Blessings and Thanks for the help?

GigiCharm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lazy river interpretation.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	273.4 KB 
ID:	58603  

Since you've completed the image, you can simply merge all the layers (if you have more then one), then use the expand/ crop canvas feature to increase the height of canvas to match the width (be sure to turn the keep aspect ratio off). With that done, use the transform tool to rotate the image, so that it stands upright (holding shift while rotating, will ensure that the image snaps to perfect 15 degree angles), and fits on the canvas. Once thats done, go to the edit menu and select the select layer contents option, then select crop to selection.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

or for less work... just open it in an image editor (like XnView) and rotate the image 90 degrees right. takes about ten seconds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	artist66a.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	58615  

As an alternative step, if you didn't want to merge your layers, you could put them into a layer group, then transform group contents.
    Good planets are hard to find - help look after ours.