Quote Originally Posted by Juz View Post
Hi Hildee,
I should update as Wacom have done lots of work to improve the nib life-span since back when the intuos 4's first came out. I believe it was improved as early as the 2nd generation of intuos 4's but don't quote me on that as it's been 4 years.
This thread seems to have been resurrected so the 2014 posts onward will be the more up to date information
Hi

I'm amazed and pleased that this thread and my second-hand Intuos 2 are still going strong after all these years.

I have a 17" (1600 x 900) laptop and a 20" (1600 x 1200) second screen. I use my ancient Intuos 2 (8" x 6") as pen and mouse. Although I'm no great artist I really enjoy using this setup.
I particularly like:
that I can swap between pen and mouse on the Intuos 2 easily;
the mouse covers both screens in mouse mode;
the pen is tied to the monitor in pen mode;
the Intuos 2 matches the 4x3 aspect ratio of the monitor.

However, I've slightly dented some of the pixels on the monitor and I would love to gain some real-estate by replacing it with a 32" 2560 x 1440 monitor.

QUESTIONS:
Thinking about the difference between Intuos 2 and later ones:
Are newer Intuoses the same aspect ratio as the 2 (i.e. 4x3)? Would newer ones match the aspect ratio of the new monitor 16:9?
Is it possible to use a mouse on the newer ones? Some seem to come without mice and are touch sensitive.
Would it make sense to get a larger tablet to better match the increased monitor size?
Any other advice on which tablet to look for to continue the functionality I currently have but with the new monitor...

Thanks

Ted