ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conan

Conan

No reference imaginary and quick.
    It doesn't take too much to paint a one layer concept character with oils and hard knife (with and w/o loading).
    Have a look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ConanSketch.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	366.5 KB 
ID:	58504  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Excellent work Caesar, no ref wow

Caesar... great sketch.. I love the looseness and colors here you have a talent for those... Conan could be the new Old Spice guy !....

Great render of Conan.... love the Conan the Barbarian series and looking forward to the new movie...

Fantastic job. The expression is great.

Thumbs up

Excellent painting Caesar and that canvas does compliment the painting

This was my mind's-eye Conan when I used to read these books way back when I was a lad. I was going by the covers, which were painted by Frazetta. Awesome job my friend. He looks powerful and angry, way more like someone holding death at sword point than our not-very-barbarian former governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger (who although was the perfect cold-natured Terminator IMHO because he looked as if he was designed as an ideal like a production line model).

To me Conan is a lot more organic, as you have depicted him. He brooded considerably. He was a berserker. And he kicked ass on everything living and dead. . . AAAARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! (er, excuse me)

Nice one. Always wondered what happened to him. He went to Rome and took up residence in your creative imagination. Based on many of your mythological paintings, I think he should feel right at home there. I must warn you though, Conan may give you some competition with all those hot babes also populating your imagination.

Better work on either your swordsmanship or your diplomacy, Caesar.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

That is one strong portrait Caesar and without a ref image, I am amazed.
    Geoff

Ecellent sketch !!!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Smile

You are getting much better Caesar !
    I particularly like the free way you did the hair on the right side. (Is sorry that we can't make a note to show what we speak about)You do persevere and this is good in that case.
    "All are about quiet and light." Dany
    Daily Studio Notes , Daniela Ionesco-Fine Art

I accept critics only from friends,
    how about You ?