ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mixing palette

mixing palette

i dabbled in Painter many years ago (v7, i believe), so maybe it has this, but i don't remember seeing it. the only place i've ever seen it is in the painting module in the compositing program Combustion. there's a little palette you can mix colors in and save. its really neat, and the quickest, most useful way to get the range of colors you'd actually get using real paint.

artrage already has that SUPER cool way to make that little window that you drag around the screen to capture colors you want, which is amazing! it'd be awesome, though to just have a little blank palette down there that you could squirt colors into and mix, then save.

but, maybe it does that already and i haven't found it! ops: if so, please let me know!

other than that, i'd say add watercolors, and maybe make the keyboard shortcuts customizable, then you guys can retire cuz your program will be perfect!!
    if it's not fun, what's the point?

There is a way you can get close, with the tip in hints and tips.
    Put Paint Tube squirts on a .jpg, then use it as reference image.
    But you can't mix it there, which I miss.
    Fashmir is also trying things on that thread.
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

how about you guys if you could do something like this? as the color increases so does the size of the mixing palette..also aged_p i think you can save the colors you added to the color palette and use them again and again as you like, i use the color palette a lot, to save and well use the color

cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	option_159.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	181.5 KB 
ID:	479  

Thanks Sbug, I didn't know that was there!
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

i hope team ambient noticed it as well,thanx

wait a sec (i'm at work - not near my computer with artrage on it)...

that little mixing palette is in there? i thought that was something sbug51 created to show what is SHOULD look like, if there was a mixing palette. here's a link to a pic of the combustion one:

http://v4.3dvf.com/DATA/PUBLISH/289/images/13paint.jpg

although, that doesn't really show it at its best. it works the same way artrage's canvas does.

this isn't even that big of a deal. there's super easy ways to do this already in artrage. i was just thinking out loud when i started this thread, cuz that combustion palette is pretty sweet - its just a little canvas, you can clear it with one click, you can save palettes, etc...

sbug51, did you graphically create that palette in that picture you posted, or is it really there?
    if it's not fun, what's the point?

I'm pretty sure he mocked that up. I just played with the pallette, and I found no way to extend it to expose "the hidden area"!

D.

I've always had this 2 way deal with mixing palettes.

In theory they are nice but since most mixing palettes tend to be very small you will most likely not get a more accurate color pick from actual paint, mixed on a palette, than you would from picking colors from your painting or better yet - from the colorwheel.

To be honest I would put this feature rather far down the list.

hehe i am not trying to trick you guys, it was rather a suggestion of how would it be nice to have a neat place for a mixing palette, and no it doesn't extend in artrage.

I'd love a mixing palette. I actually did a Google search to see if I could find a standalone one that I could just keep open in my system tray, like one of the bazillions of "colour picker" applications out there, but I didn't find anything. And hype, ya, Painter has that now. Dunno how it compares to Combustion's, but it's there.

- Gita