ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beyond the Horizon

Beyond the Horizon

a doorway to perception... to what lays beyond the horizon..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beyond the Horizon.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	510.7 KB 
ID:	58491  

There's an old Wim Wenders documentary called "Tokyo-Ga" from the 70s (?) that this reminds me of. . . even though it was shot in BW.

It was about the radical shift of culture post-WWII from Samurai era to chrome and glass and luring in consumers with all kinds of razzle dazzle. Noisy Pachinko gambling parlors, lit glass storefronts, games, toys, fast trains, multi-decker driving golf ranges, tiny sleeping hives barely bigger than coffins for cheap rental. . . Was like it was all designed like they were aiming for Buckminster Fuller's geodesic dome, and ended up existing in a mirrored disco ball.

It wasn't horrible, only shocking. I definitely can see how so many sci-fi artists and writers got much inspiration for future worlds from Tokyo. Ridley Scott's movie version Bladerunner, William Gibson's Neuromancer, Ghost in the Machine kinds of stuff.

Anyway, your picture has this kind of feel for the color, the lighting and many of the shapes which suggest that all to my free ranging mind. Very cool. I like the value range especially in the context of what I'm reading into it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

D Akey... interesting analysis.. I was definitely thinking of a sci-fi futuristic horizon maybe a 500 years in the future... from your kibitz on Radio Music I added quite a bit more contrast and heightened colors for an edgy look as well has more sharp points and electronic feel.... i think that helped this work get the point across. nothing organic here.. .. thanks my friend for your invaluable help..

It's pretty clear there's all the necessary equipment, instruments and gauges to accurately and exhaustively perceive reality according to the scientific method, but I'm sure that the intuitive and holistic apprach would anyhow tell something fundamental You would never capture by analyses ...
    Magnificent one!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gary you are getting better and better all the time, this one is fantastic, love that design and bright colors

This is incredible! It really grabs me and draws me in to its various depths. I normally dont comment on abstracts very often, mostly because Im not sure what to say.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Sandy,Caesar and Pat.. thanks dear friends for viewing I am quite pleased you all liked this one.. I am trying a few new works with a harder edge and I am liking the results.. just where I am right now artistically speaking.. more control and precision or at least a little...

ScottF... thanks for commenting I am very happy that you found this interesting and took the time to comment. I have noticed that you rarely comment on abstracts, now I know why... they grab some peoples eye or not and sometimes it is hard to know what to say, but the more you look at them the more you see the artistic principles applied with more or less skill... anyway... happy you liked this one.

You're certainly a master at this technique and I am in complete awe of your skill...

Thumbs up

Gary, this is wonderful, great shapes and colours , who would have thought it could be so with mathematical helpers