ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A Dedication

A Dedication

to one of the most amazing artists i've ever known; Zomby
    i buy like all his lp's and cd's
    here's an example of his tunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYw7o4YUAJU
    i hope you guys like it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zomby.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	58443  

Nice drawing, nice tribute.

As to the music, it's a cool techno (?) sequencing, looping kind of sound is it? Heavy too. Some like a dirge or macabre march, no? At least that piece you linked to. Could see it as a background in a movie because it lays in a moody patina.

Cool blend of music and art.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Nice drawing, nice tribute.

As to the music, it's a cool techno (?) sequencing, looping kind of sound is it? Heavy too. Some like a dirge or macabre march, no? At least that piece you linked to. Could see it as a background in a movie because it lays in a moody patina.

Cool blend of music and art.
    well i'm into the music scene myself (i create tunes and Dj) and what he's making is something we describe as: "UK funky" which is also what i'm trying to make. thanks for your kind words

I got linked to "Basquiat" which feels like a requiem, perhaps a sort of Goth thing.

By "UK Funky" is something different than that? I will have to look up the meaning of the word "funky". I always took it to mean beat driven and sort of popping, dance worthy syncopation.

How interesting. And yeah, I am waaaaaayyyyyy out of the loop.

Anyway, any other examples of UK funky that you would care to share for a further idea of the sound. Very cool. Something artful and new as it develops. . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I got linked to "Basquiat" which feels like a requiem, perhaps a sort of Goth thing.

By "UK Funky" is something different than that? I will have to look up the meaning of the word "funky". I always took it to mean beat driven and sort of popping, dance worthy syncopation.

How interesting. And yeah, I am waaaaaayyyyyy out of the loop.

Anyway, any other examples of UK funky that you would care to share for a further idea of the sound. Very cool. Something artful and new as it develops. . .
    Yeah zomby makes uk funky, this aint that funky tho' but that's because i thought i'd better link to a calm song
    For typical you should look up "canblaster" it's an artist who makes a lot of funky stuff