ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: 3.5.1 breaks Mac multi monitor support

3.5.1 breaks Mac multi monitor support

Hi,

Just upgraded from 3.5 to 3.5.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and multi monitor support is not working correctly.

Normally I run Artrage on my right (nonmenu) screen, with the stencils, layers and settings palettes on my left (menu) screen. Both screens are 1920x1200 24" LCDs.

As of 3.5.1 Quitting and relaunching Artrage causes every palette within about 2 inches of the right hand edge of the left (menu) screen to be regathered on top of the workspace on the right (nonmenu) screen.

Moving the palettes further away stops them being abducted on next launch, but makes them impractical to use.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    mattg
    Last edited by mattg; 07-31-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Just to make sure I understand: Did it work correctly for you in 3.5.0? We're just working on another update and can look at this for it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Yup, all is fine in 3.5 - used Time Machine to get the older version back and it works fine.

cheers,
    mattg

I think we have fixed this problem internally and the solution will be wrapped in to the next update. It appears to relate to an incompatibility between some of the OS functions we use to support palette positioning and the current OS versions.

As we have been trying to make sure we support OS X from 10.4 onwards, there may be more functions like this that need adjusting in the future. It looks very much as if it's now all but impossible to maintain 10.4 support however and we will be looking at rewriting much of the underlying OS support code for future revisions.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi Matt

I have exactly the same problem in MacOs 10.6.8 since the upgrade to 3.5.1.

Samsung 710V on the left and HP ZR24w on the right.

Cheers

Brett