ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Not sure if I should upgrade...

Not sure if I should upgrade...

...from 3.50 to 3.51 SP. I don't use a mac and that other fixes don't sound essential to me. The trouble is, I don't fully comprehend what the fixes are. If you are going to release another fix in a couple of weeks,maybe I should just wait for that? And it's not renaming the install files so I can keep them all on my desktop. Not a big deal, but I'm not sure that's what you intended.

If the changes in 3.5.1 aren't critical to you then there is no need to update at this point, we do intend to release another update soon. Updating doesn't damage any of your user content however, so there's no real need to avoid it unless you want to avoid the download.

The installer files use the same name, you can rename them on download if you like.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I think this is a good query.
    Perhaps you could post some sort of update status with each release
    Maybe something like stating one of the following or similar

Essential / Affects all Artragers
    Minor / Bug fix that only applies to xyz situations
    Optional / Explanation (benefits certain users)

also with

Next anticipated release window (sometime between now and Date)
    If I were marooned on a desert island, please air drop me a copy of Artrage 5.0! (Plus a laptop and solar panel)

I'll look at whether we can clarify the release notes - We do let you know about everything that has gone in there but some of it may require additional explanation.

We won't be doing an expected next release window in general however, we don't really have any kind of firm estimates available when we're gathering issues for a fix and we've found that giving even vague dates can lead to us fielding questions from people keen for updates.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.