ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Urban Rain.....since the morning after- last upload

Urban Rain.....since the morning after- last upload

Hi everyone! I'm back after a while with one sticker of a WIP, a comic book for which I draw the illustrations.
    Felt pen and knife
    Hope you like it

I hope you are all well
    a warm greeting!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	urbanrain_original.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	58393  
    Last edited by silvy; 09-10-2011 at 04:07 AM. Reason: New upload
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

what an excellent work... great mood and fine graphic details and depth to the cityscape.

Very ambitious, Silvy. Because rain is a classic outward effect to reflect what's going on inside the characters, this feels moody as if she is going through something depressing. And because in the real world this is Summer, I figure you picked this Wintry scene for the emotional effect. Is it for a romance type of graphic novel/comic book? Nice work.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I like it !!! really good illustration
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

A great illustration
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Good to see you again Silvy and with such a fine painting. I can see such a story behind this one. Well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

What a great mood-setting illustration! This one really draws your attention and leaves you wondering about the emotions involved.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Very.... what comic book do you illustrate? I still read\collect the odd Marvel, DC & Darkhorse comic...

Thank you all Alexandra, gxhpainter, D Akey,semd74,mannafig, coops, ScottF,kenmo for your kind comments and encouragement.

It will be a comic book on HIV prevention and information.
    The story was written by a friend as a novel(if you remember I had already done a picture-called Sentence- for a story of that type) and then we decided to turn it into a comic book for a more informal approach to young people also.
    Protagonist is the virus interviewed by a journalist.
    Is the first time I draw comics and I always tend to make paintings, rather than a cartoons...it's no a good thing because waste time on details that may not serve, but then I'm sorry to neglect certain things....also difficult to say

Work on this project for several months, comic book has 25 tables, I'm in the middle.
    I discovered it's a good workout because puts me in front of the need to represent in images emotions and sensations that the dialogue expressed only in words.
    How to make a movie .. it's exciting, but not easy.

This image must give a little oppressive and depressing feeling of someone who does not feel safe and live in balance, like walking on fine line.

I'll show you a few tables so you can give me suggestions and criticism, perhaps in the appropriate section of the forum.

Thanks again to all

@ D Akey , yes in the real world is Summer, but a summer cool and rainy at least in my part
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant