ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Newbie question!

Newbie question!

Hi! Apologies if this is me being very dumb but - I've just started using Artrage and once I have an image I'm working on and resize the picture by TYPING a smaller number in the top menu bar(say, type 95% rather than the 100% that's already there) then the drop down file menu's(File, Edit, Tolls, Help)all become grayed out so stopping me accessing any of those functions. They stay grayed out for anything between 2/3 to 10 minutes or more and nothing seems to make them available again until they just turn black again. Is this normal? Or a Mac issue? Bug? Oh yes! I'm using a Mac.
    Thanks in advance and again, apologies if I'm missing something VERY obvious.

Not seen this problem on Windows XP.
    Old

Not dumb at all. That is a bug on the Mac but can be worked around in the following manner. If you enter in a value and find menu items greyed, click on the centre of one of the tool settings dials ( left panel ) to bring up the text entry box then press escape to dismiss it. This will return the menus to normal ( as will opening and closing any other similar dialog ). It has to do with dialogs, so the reason it's stopping being greyed out at various points for you will be related to the opening of a pane of some sort most likely. I've noted this down in the bug list to be addressed in a future update.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Many thanks DaveRage for your time and help.
    Be well.